Wednesday 28 January 2015

Week 4

Today we had to finish making the parts of the robot. We had to get the bodies of our robots at the start of class and then finish sanding them down before we could glue everything together. We got the arms that we sanded down last week and glued them onto the robots body in whatever angle or position we wanted. Once we glued the arms on we had to place them in the vice so that they would be secure.

We were then given two more small pieces of wood to sand down for the legs. When we were finished sanding down the legs we had to get the bodies out of the vices. Now everything was sanded down and ready. It was now time to paint them different colours to make them look unique.

Hocine chose to paint the head and legs of his robot green and the body blue. I chose to paint mine green and purple and Fionnuala chose to paint hers purple. We then had to leave them to dry at the end of class but Hocine didn't get his body finished.

I found helping Hocine paint his robot a bit difficult as we had to bring it really close to him and I was scared it might fall on him. We also had to hold his hand and guide him where to paint as he wouldn't be able to do it on his own.

I was very pleased that we got everything sanded down today and that by the next class we can stick everything together and it will start to look like an actual robot. I was also pleased that Hocine was very chatty today. It made the class a lot more fun and he was easier to help and deal with. I think I may need more help with finding a comfortable way for Hocine to paint his robot or add stuff onto it as I don't want to have to do it all for him because that wouldn't be much fun.

I learnt that I am able to deal with different challenges really well and have become more confident talking to and helping Hocine. I'll be able to bring this to all of the other subjects in TY like public speaking as this is a challenging subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment