Wednesday 11 February 2015

Week 6

This week we added the final touches to our robots. This meant we could add more buttons or wires to the robot to make it even more unique. I decided to add pieces of wire on each side of the buttons so it would look like a seem line or suspenders. Myself and Hocine also added ears to our robots using small bits of wood, and hair using furry bits of fabric. Lastly Hocine wanted to add feet to his robot using small blocks of wood. We then stuck them to the end of the feet and painted them green. This made the robots look the best they could.

After we finished decorating the robots we had to make the stand to support the robot. This involved us sanding down 2 pieces of small wood and 1 long piece of wood. When they were all sanded down we had to get the hot glue gun and stick the small pieces onto the long piece. Once they were all stuck together we had to go to the drill and drill one hole in the very centre.

One thing I learnt in this class was how to use the drill. I will be able to use this skill in the Construction Design module and maybe in subjects such as Technology if I choose to do it. I found it difficult to know how far to put the drill into the stand as I didn't want it to go too far or not far enough but once I got the hang of it, it was grand.

I was very pleased that we got to finish making our robots and that we are now almost finished making the stand. I can't wait to see what the whole thing is like when it's complete. I was also pleased that Hocine really liked how his robot turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment